Maine, ME requires CPR Certification for High School Students. Lifesavers, Inc. is certified by the American Heart Association to teach CPR in your school. No matter where you are in Maine: Augusta, Portland or Brunswick. We offer a wide range of CPR Classes very convenient CPR Certification packages especially designed for your High School. Please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 866-641-1200 or contact us by using our contact form. We are looking forward to answer your questions and to find the perfect CPR Class for your school.
Maine - High School CPR - Lifesavers, Inc.
- Graduation requirement is effective as of the 2015-2016 school year.
- School districts must provide one time cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and automatic external defibrillator (AED) instruction.
- CPR instruction must be taught according to current, evidence-based emergency cardiac care guidelines by a program that is nationally recognized
- Training must include a psychomotor component
- Licensed teachers are not required to be certified as a CPR/AED instructor in order to instruct students in CPR
- CPR courses that result in certification must be taught by a certified CPR or AED instructor.
Excerpts from Bill
“The commissioner shall base the standards for instruction of CPR and AED use on….[a] program that is nationally recognized and uses the most current national evidence-based emergency cardiovascular guidelines and incorporates psychomotor skills development into the instruction. The standards for instruction on AED use may not require the use of an AED but must include an explanation of AED use. A licensed teacher may not be required to be certified as a CPR or AED trainer or to facilitate, provide or oversee CPR or AED instruction.”