This item is Part 1 of the Heartsaver CPR & AED Online Course. This item presents all the course material in a self-paced, online manner. In order to receive a Heartsaver CPR & AED completion card, Part 2 &3 (skills practice and testing) must be completed. Please allow 24 hours to receive your code to access the online course.
**Students MUST complete Part 2 and Part 3 to receive a course completion card**
With nearly 80 percent of cardiac arrests occurring outside the hospital, it is important that employers offer training that gives employees confidence to act quickly in an emergency.
The Heartsaver® CPR & AED Part 1 Course offers a flexible, time-saving option for workplaces that need to provide safety training. The complete course is delivered in three parts. Part 1 delivers the cognitive learning through web-based, self-paced modules. Parts 2 and 3 require students to meet with an American Heart Association Instructor to complete a hands-on skills practice session and a skills test. Upon successful completion of all three parts students receive a course completion card valid for two years.
Features and Benefits
- Interactive questions, activities and video segments to reinforce learning
- Downloadable student review guide
- Available up to 12 months after initial completion
- Student can start, stop, and return to modules as needed
- Flexibility to complete at home or work
- Offers fast implementation with no delays due to classroom scheduling
- Content based on the latest AHA science
- Provides time-saving option for first-time or renewal training
Upon successful completion of Part 1 the student will print out a completion certificate. The student then brings the certificate to an American Heart Association training center for a skills test. Upon completion of Part 2 (practice session) and Part 3 (skills test), the student will be issued a Heartsaver CPR and AED course completion card.