In recent years, OSHA reports show that approximately 4 million workplace injuries and illnesses occur annually. It is vital for employers to provide their employees and designated first responders with training that will enable them to take immediate and appropriate rescuer action, before professional help arrives.
The Heartsaver® First Aid Online Course is for businesses and other entities that want to provide first aid training to their employees or designated first responders. This course presents the cognitive portion (Part 1) online and offers a blended learning solution for organizations that face obstacles implementing classroom-based training.
- Interactive Video Segments
- Downloadable student review guide
- Available up to 6 months after initial completion
- Student can start, stop, and return to modules as needed
- Flexibility to complete at home or work
- Offers fast implementation with no delays due to classroom scheduling
- Content based on the latest AHA science
Upon successful completion of Part 1 the student will print out a completion certificate. The student then brings the certificate to an American Heart Association training center for a skills test. Upon completion of Part 2 (skills test) the student will be issued a Heartsaver First Aid course completion card.